How many times have you been asked to provide statistics related to your sales funnel when working with a coach, and you had no idea how to answer?
I'm going to show you a very simple way of checking your Google Analytics profile to take a few key measurements.
First of all, you must have a Google Analytics account and install the code on your website.
1. Go to analytics.google.com to set up your account.
2. Click on the Admin gear to see your admin panel.
3. Click on Tracking info to get to your ID.
4. The ID is housed under Tracking Code.
5. Install it on your website according to your website platform's instructions.
Once you've had your Google Analytics code taking measurements from your site for at least a week, you can see statistics related to where people are trafficking your site.
1. Go to Behavior in your sidebar menu, then click on Overview.
2. Look to the right at the traffic across your website.
3. On the bottom right, you'll see the top 10 pages that get traffic. Look for your opt-in landing page and thank you page in this list, as well as your sales page.
In this example, #2 is the opt-in landing page, #4 is the thank you page, and #10 is the sales page. The opt-in conversion rate is 53 / 80 = 66.25%. That's the thank you page views divided by the landing page views. If someone makes it to your thank you page, that means they input their email address and converted to become a lead.
The number of views of the sales page is 19. That means that it took 53 leads to get 19 views of the sales page. Emails and additional web pages were presented to those leads to get them to the sales page with nurturing sequences.
This sales page happens to convert at 2%, meaning that out of the 19 views, we would expect 0.38 sales. Since you can't have under 1 sale, we'd have to measure a longer period than this one week's worth of traffic. At this rate, we would have one sales conversion each month. (19 x 4 x 2% = 1.52) Round this to 1 sale, since you can't have 1.52 sales.
Is that enough for your business? How can you get more eyes on your sales page? That's the goal here, isn't it?
Check out this video to see where people are trafficking your site.
Discover how we increase traffic to our sales pages with properly warmed up traffic with our course and mastermind.
Sally Hendrick has been dotting i's and crossing t's for quite some time in the analytical space of digital marketing. She's here to help you move past the overwhelm with marketing and advertising your digital offers.
Go ahead and grab her free Facebook Ads Campaign Planner. Watch the on-demand dollar-a-day ads training while there!