Stay on-trend and stand out at the same time
Every month I teach my students something new to incorporate into their content. Sometimes it's the latest tech tool. Other times we talk about eye-catching graphics or persuasive copywriting ideas. That's not all though. We think way beyond pretty pictures by adding meaning to everything we share.
If you want to stand out from the crowd, consider these tricks.
1. Use your logo in a fun and memorable way
Having a button-sized logo is important. The full logo may have your company colors and name on it, but you need something that fits into a square or round shape for social media graphics and profile imagery. Consider using your logo as a bullet point icon when making a list, or use it as your favicon that sits on the web browser tab next to the name of your site. Always make sure you have your logo available in multiple formats as well, especially a .png transparency file.
Your logo should represent at least 3 things:
- Your company purpose
- Your clients' needs or interests
- Your unique personality or brand story
2. Set the mood with signature sounds
Appeal to the senses by incorporating sounds or music into your videos that represent your brand. Are you a healer who gives advice on how to relax or stay calm? Heavy-metal music does not come to mind for that type of business. Find something that fits the mood you're trying to set.
Maybe you own a towing business or an auto repair shop. Some rock-n-roll may be in order or simply sounds that you'd normally hear on the road or in a mechanic's workshop.
Here's a video that takes familiar sounds for the type of business owners this marketer is trying to reach.
3. Give a clear call-to-action
Not all calls-to-action are about selling. In fact, most of them are not about selling at all. It takes a plethora of content online to convince someone that your business is the real deal. Sometimes all you want is for someone to watch your video all the way through. Other times, you will send someone to your website to grab a free, yet valuable resource they can't live without!
Here are examples of calls-to-action and their purposes:
- Watch a video >> To educate or entertain prospects checking you out
- Download a resource >> To capture someone's contact information
- Sign up >> To attend a webinar or live meeting to learn more about a topic
- Listen >> To push out a podcast episode or important audio file
- Buy now >> To encourage a quick purchase of a hot item
Inspiration for the month of October and beyond
Here are some ideas to get you going. If you'd like our full Funny Holidays digital calendar for the entire year to add to your online calendar program, sign up to get it. It's free!
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
- American Cheese Month
- American Pharmacist Month
- Apple Jack Month
- Awareness Month
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Clergy Appreciation Month
- Computer Learning Month
- Cookie Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Eat Country Ham Month
- International Drum Month
- National Diabetes Month
- National Pizza Month
- National Popcorn Poppin' Month
- National Vegetarian Month
- National Popcorn Popping Month
- Sarcastic Month
- Seafood Month
- Week 1 Get Organized Week
- Week 1 Customer Service Week
- Week 2 Fire Prevention Week
- Week 2 Pet Peeve Week
- 14 - 20 Earth Sciences Week
- Week 3 Pastoral Care Week
Free Download: Stand Out from the Crowd with the Funny Holidays DAILY Digital Calendar
We have a free gift for you! It's a digital calendar you can add to your online calendar program to give you inspiration when you're ready to make your social media content stand out. There are multiple funny holidays every single day!
What you get:
- Content planning instructions
- Content categories
- Deep dive topics
- Digital calendar for daily inspiration
- Recommended business tools
- Special invitation
Get content-making tips and my FUNNY HOLIDAYS calendar for FREE for daily content inspiration!